When you go out for shopping, it will be no longer a necessity to have your credit card when making payment if you have an iPhone. To help you know how to go about it, here is a simplified procedure that you will follow:
- Ensure that your iPhone is compatible and has the latest iOS version. Some of the mobile phones with iOS are iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 7, iPhone SE, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone 7 plus.
- Make sure that your credit card or debit card has been added to the Wallet application. To add your card, you will need to get to the Wallet app, tap on the sign in button and then proceed to the ‘add another card option. There is a box above the ‘add card’ and using the camera, you will get the card’s details inside the box. If the details shown are correct, you will click to verify and if everything is correct, you will add the 3-digit security code at the back of the card. The support team at Apple will contact the card issuer and if everything is in order, the card will be added. Once you agree to the terms and conditions, you will be able to use Apple Pay to make payments.
- Make a call to your bank as a way of verifying your card.
- Select the default card that you will be using to make payments.
- Hold the iPhone close to the payment terminal.
- You will then be required to confirm your identity either using your fingerprints, a passcode or your FaceID for those using iPhone X.
Different iPhone models may have a unique process of setting up the payment based on how they have been configured. All you have to do is to follow the setting as you have been directed until you have successfully added your card to the iPhone.
For a person-to-person Apple Pay transfer, the transaction will be free but if you will be using your credit card to make a payment, there will be a 3% fee that will be charged on your card.
To ensure that every transaction is secure, there is an ID option on the device and if the fingerprints or the FaceID is not recognized, the transaction will be canceled. This means that using Apple pay is more secure than using a card though no payment is entirely secure.